Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My neighborhood is not bigoted

There has been a lot of controversy in the past few days about Pahrump.

There's going to be a Pride Parade - whoopee. I won't be in it because I am normal. But no one is stopping it so that shows we're not bigots.

And you may remember this:

On November 15, 2006 the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

The Pahrump Town Board passed an ordinance declaring English as the town’s official language, set restrictions on flying foreign flags and denied town benefits to undocumented immigrants.

“Approval of the ordinance was met with a standing ovation and cheers by many of the approximately 250 people at the meeting.”

“One man wore a stars and stripes bandana on his head and a T-shirt that said: Speak English or get the (expletive) out.”

“Another man, who said he was an Army veteran, said since this is the United States, there should be only one language.”

“I go bananas when I go to Wal-Mart, put my credit card in and they ask me if I want English only,” he said.”


So what's the big whoopee? some people have their own opinions - that's freedom. That's what America stands for. That's Pahrump. But to call this bigoted is unfair to our rights. I go bananas when someone calls me a bigot. Those people should are not true Americans.

No comments: